Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh My Goodness!!

Wow, time has flown!! While it has flown, not so much and yet too much has happened. For instance, most of the time I was lounging around while watching TV, playing computer and doing school and the like. However, that is not the end of my tale. If you were following my Mom's blog (gratefulforgrace.blogspot.com) then you know all about my new baby brother. However, if you didn't and to refresh the minds of those who did, here is his story, from the beginning.

Okay, so I'm at AWANA with a friend who will remain nameless. For now we shall call her Sophie, for the sake of the press. Sophie was peering at my mom and then popped The Question. " Is your mom pregnant?" It had occurred to me in the months past that my mom had either been gaining a lot of weight, or she was pregnant. However, thinking that my mom would tell us if she became pregnant, I replied to Sophie. "No, but thank the Lord that you asked me, not her. She doesn't like it if you ask her if she's pregnant and she's not. She starts crying in private." Sophie was startled and started laughing. " I'm sorry, I really thought she was pregnant." It was pretty funny then, but if you thought that was funny, wait 'till you hear this next part! So we are on our way to H-E-B youth camp at Laity Lodge, when on the way there Mom hands us some card for the Brady Brunch. If you know the opening song to the show then you know why that announced it. If not, then go hear, I don't really know it either. Well, that gave me a shock, so I started laughing, thinking of Sophie asking just that week if she was pregnant. When I saw her at AWANA next week I explained the situation. It is now a big joke. My Mom's Doctor had told her that he was worried about her and didn't want her to have another baby after Stinker. My new baby wasn't planned, what happened was...well...umm...You'll have to read Mom's older posts to find out, I mean, after all, I want my blog to be safe for kids. Well, A few months later mom is as big as a water melon and ready for the baby to come. Even later we are preparing for the baby 3 weeks ahead. But then, a week and 2 days from the due date (my mom always has c-sections) she started to feel funny. She started having pains, the next day (Wednesday) she goes to see the Doctor. She doesn't come home for a week and 3 days. It turns out that she has to have the baby early. He was born and was named.....*blank blank blank* HA!! You really thought I was going to post his name on the Web?! No way. I have dubbed him Yawnsaur cause he yawns a lot (he yawned twice on the sonagram!) and cause both the outfits I got him have cute dinosaurs on it, so that's what I'll call him. Anyway, since the actual due date was 2 weeks early, he was born a total of 3 weeks early. That wasn't good at all! Not to mention he wasn't doing so well, so they flew him by helicopter to a hospital in a nearby city, mom and dad stayed with him the whole time. (go figure) They (the doctors)thought he was coming on that day and then on this day but there was always a problem. And then, after two weeks and three days, he came home, and that day was today.

I love my new brother, and I am sure he loves me. (or he will soon)(I mean, who could resit me?) I can't wait for him to talk.Well, I better go, I love you all, Kisses!!

4 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

I think you are my favorite blogger!! Great telling of the tale, sweetheart.

I love you and I LOVE the nickname Yawnosaur!! Too great!

cajungal01 said...

I agree...who could resist you? I know I love you like crazy!
Great post, great story.
mucho hugs my sweet niece
~me

theevansfamily said...

I LOVE your version. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear more!! :)

Unknown said...

You told a very simple version of the great story of how your baby brother came to be and got home. We love and miss you lots. keep us updated on how your little brother gets along with the 5 of you.